Fire officials were busy last night at Golden Rock, the Pine, St. Michael where three buildings were damaged after a stove exploded.

The fire which occurred around 8:17 pm was responded to by one station officer, 2 divisional officers, 7 firemen and two tenders from the Bridgetown station.

Deputy fire officer Henderson Patrick spoke to Starcom Network News and said while the damage was severe, no one was injured.

The house, at #34 Golden Rock is owned by 62-year-old Wayne Carrington.  Police say that he reported that the house caught fire after his gas stove exploded whilst he was cooking. It also affected the attached shop.  The house was uninsured.

The other damaged residence, number 36, is occupied by June Bourne and suffered partial and water damage.

Share This: