Fire-affected residents of King William Street in the city were Monday morning assessing the damage, cleaning up and pondering the rebuild after the previous night’s blaze that destroyed two houses, gutted a beauty salon and damaged an adjoining apartment, and also slightly damaged a car that was parked nearby.

Leandra Chase the proprietor of the heavily damaged Miracle Salon, which is attached to her home, was amazed at how quickly the fire spread.

Her brother Emmanuel Bonnett told Starcom Network News the fire started at a house next door which had no electricity and was occupied by an elderly man who used candles for light and was believed to have been drinking that night.

 

A neighbour Ken Coward spoke about how the residents sprang into action to help out those whose properties were on fire.

Share This: